ANDYVISION - watch me try to be creative. live.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

I can't tell how many times I've heard "Things happen for a reason" in the last two days

So, I’m officially single and looking to mingle.

I found out on Friday that it was my last day at Wieden, a casualty of us dropping the Starbucks account. Karen and I knew it was coming, but it still feels a little heavier when the words are spoken.

I can’t say I’m not disappointed. It’s been a tremendous honor and pleasure to work here, and I had my heart set on staying. And beyond that, Portland was really starting to feel like home.

But such is the business. At least I got the business of my first layoff(?) out of the way early. I’ll be a pro by the time the next one rolls around.

And besides getting used to losing my job, I’ve learned so much since I’ve been here. Both from some supremely talented people and just from being inside the doors of an agency like Wieden.

So, now it’s on to the next big thing, whatever that is. For the time being it’s renting a car and driving down the PCH for a few days. Then, crashing on a couch in San Fran for a week (possible Obsequious reunion tour?) before flying back to Atlanta. Might as well since I’ve got the time, right?

See you cats on the other side.

No comments: