ANDYVISION - watch me try to be creative. live.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Bucking the 'Buck

I’m amazed at how quickly news of Tuesday’s break-up spread. Obviously since many of my friends are in advertising they follow industry news. But even my mom texted me. (Yes, my mom is sort of into texting now, which is awesome in it’s own right. Text I received last week at work: “I’ve got mono. Go figure.”)

If you don’t know what I’m talking about, on Tuesday Wieden+Kennedy announced we were dropping the Starbucks account. Check out the AdAge article: Wieden Parts Ways with Starbucks.

It’s a great idea for both parties involved. A tough decision, but the right one in the end.

Unfortunately, it means that Karen's and my future is a bit more up in the air. We’re still waiting to hear details. In a bizarre coincidence, we both found out about what was going down in Portland while we were in New York for the Creative Circus portfolio review. (I guess Wieden just couldn’t get along with us for one day.) I must say, it was very fortuitous that we went to the review. I got to put my book down in front of some very talented people and hear what they thought.

So, while the future is uncertain at the moment, I’m still excited. It just means a shot at something new, whether it’s here or somewhere else in the world.

Sometimes it’s nice being at the bottom because it means you can only move up.

No comments: