ANDYVISION - watch me try to be creative. live.

Friday, August 22, 2008

This feels familiar . . .

It's 3:45 in the morning, I'm still at work, and I'm drinking Miller High Life out of my Starbucks Grande To Go mug.


It's been a crazy day. Our presentation to Starbucks is tomorrow morning in Seattle. (Or, rather, today now.) Having been through the rush of 24-Hours/Panel at Circus I'm pretty used to working long hours on deadlines. But as it's my first real client presentation it's definitely a new experience—CDs making split second decision, this piece of copy needed immediately, scripts being reedited on the fly, studio frantically through things together. It's actually pretty cool to be a part of. Granted, catch me on the tenth time around, and I'm sure I'll be singing a different song.

It's been both a nerve-wracking and awesome experience. Our campaigns were some of the ones that made the final cut, which feels pretty good. There was also a lot of pressure to get this thing and that thing done, and I feel like I pulled through pretty well. If anything I feel like Karen and I have become more a part of the family here.

Maybe I'll give more interesting update tomorrow. But for now I'm just going to sit and drink my beer and wait for these decks to get finished. Buenas noches, kiddos.

No comments: