ANDYVISION - watch me try to be creative. live.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Apple + Apple-friendly brands = iPhone commercial

Watching the most recent iPhone commercial, I noticed something interesting. When mentioning its ability to check stocks they flash up a listing of that particular iPhone owner's stock ticker. I found what companies he had decided to invest in pretty interesting. Here's a screen shot I took.



Starbucks, Home Depot, Adobe, Nike, Google, eBay.

How's that for trendy, progressive brands? (Home Depot seems to be the one outlier perhaps.) Also, what d'ya know? They're all up!

Another thing I find rather interesting about this is that Google is not only highlighted but is up exactly 7.00 points to precisely 510.00. Two things are odd about this: 1) the evenness of the numbers which is absent in all the other stocks, and 2) Google's appearance in an iPhone ad considering that they plan to launch their own phone sometime next year.

To be honest, I'm not sure what any of this means. I just thought it was interesting.

No comments: