ANDYVISION - watch me try to be creative. live.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Cavnas Project: 9 Pieces, 9 Days, 1 Canvas

Inspired by a piece of advice from David Angelo of David&Goliath I received in Cannes and a visit to the Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporain in Nice, Liza and I embarked on the Canvas Project.

The idea: Make a new piece of art every morning for nine days on a 5' x 7' canvas. Once done, photograph it and start over again the next morning. Each piece built on top of the previous day's.

The whole experiment was really therapeutic. for me. It's been good to let go of work. Whether I really liked that day's piece or really hated it, I knew we had to throw it away the next day. It was liberating in a way.

Below are nine days-worth of work, all on one canvas. (Click to enlarge.)


Day 1: "The Concept"






Day 2: "Vogue"






Day 3: "Holy Jorts!"






Day 4: "Bearnica"






Day 5: "Rockin' Z"






Day 6: "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way Back from Reno"





Day 7: "PartyTime."






Day 8: "Fourth of July"






Day 9: "Nine Hours in a Small Room with Lots of Aerosol Spraynard"




2 comments:

via said...

This is great! I want to buy Jorts... but Jorts is gone. Too bad.

Anonymous said...

"Bearnica" is my personal favorite. Maybe it has something to do with all the time and money I have spent in the "Build-A-Bear" workshop with my niece. Or maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the Spanish teacher thing. Probably some combination of both :). !Muy bien hecho!
!Felicidades! on the Portland gig.
Srta. Nicholas