ANDYVISION - watch me try to be creative. live.

Monday, October 1, 2007

The Postcard Project

The other day I was staring at a blank postcard that I had sitting on my desk. That's when something occurred to me: how great it is to receive a postcard from someone.

They arrive unexpected. They're hand-written. And they let you know that someone was thinking of you. It's something so small, but it can really make your day. I should pass that feeling on, I thought. And thus, the Postcard Project was born.

The project is to make original and unique little pieces of art that are mailed with a personalized message to addresses all over the country, found at random. I hope that they'll just bring a little art into someone's life somewhere. And a smile too.

Below are some from the first batch:









I've had fun playing with a variety of materials: acrylics, ink, spray paint, pastels, electrical tape, collage, etc. As I make more, I've started to explore more of just what a postcard can be (since you can mail anything). I'm also starting to mess with ideas for interactive cards so look for some of those in the near future.

If you want to submit someone's address for a postcard, just shoot it to me, and I'll create a one-of-a-kind postcard just for them too. Cheers.

No comments: